1. Shao, A and Hathcock, JN. Risk assessment for creatine monohydrate. Regul Toxicol Pharmacol 45: 242-251, 2006.
2. Herda TJ, Beck TW, Ryan ED, et al. Effects of creatine monohydrate and polyethylene glycosylated creatine supplementation on muscular strength, endurance, and power output. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2009;23(3):818-26.
3. Rawson, E.S., Volek, J.S. (2003). Effects of creatine supplementation and resistance training on muscle strength and weightlifting performance. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research,17, 822–831.
4. Candow DG, Vogt E, Johannsmeyer S, Forbes SC, Farthing JP. Strategic creatine supplementation and resistance training in healthy older adults. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2015 Jul;40(7):689-94.
5. Stone MH1, Sanborn K, Smith LL, O’Bryant HS, Hoke T, Utter AC, Johnson RL, Boros R, Hruby J, Pierce KC, Stone ME, Garner B. Effects of in-season (5 weeks) creatine and pyruvate supplementation on anaerobic performance and body composition in American football players. Int J Sport Nutr. 1999 Jun;9(2):146-65.
6. Francaux M1, Demeure R, Goudemant JF, Poortmans JR. Effect of exogenous creatine supplementation on muscle PCr metabolism. Int J Sports Med. 2000 Feb;21(2):139-45.
7. Kreider, R.B., Kalman, D.S., Antonio, J. et al. International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: safety and efficacy of creatine supplementation in exercise, sport, and medicine. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 14, 18 (2017).
8. Kreider RB, et al. Long-term creatine supplementation does not significantly affect clinical markers of health in athletes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;244(1–2):95–104.
9. Spillane M, Schoch R, Cooke M, et al. The effects of creatine ethyl ester supplementation combined with heavy resistance training on body composition, muscle performance, and serum and muscle creatine levels. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2009;6:6. Published 2009 Feb 19. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-6-6
10. Jagim AR, Oliver JM, Sanchez A, et al. A buffered form of creatine does not promote greater changes in muscle creatine content, body composition, or training adaptations than creatine monohydrate. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012;9(1):43. Published 2012 Sep 13. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-9-43
11. Cooper R, Naclerio F, Allgrove J, Jimenez A. Creatine supplementation with specific view to exercise/sports performance: an update. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2012;9(1):33. Published 2012 Jul 20. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-9-33
12. Gualano B, Novaes RB, Artioli GG, Freire TO, Coelho DF, Scagliusi FB, Rogeri PS, Roschel H, Ugrinowitsch C, Lancha AH., Jr Effects of creatine supplementation on glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity in sedentary healthy males undergoing aerobic training. Amino Acids. 2008;34:245–250.
13. Pryor JL, Craig SAS, Swensen T. Effect of betaine supplementation on cycling sprint performance. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2012;9.
14. Lee EC, Maresh CM, Kraemer WJ, Yamamoto LM, Hatfield DL, Bailey BL, Armstrong LE, Volek JS, McDermott BP, Craig SA: Ergogenic effects of betaine supplementation on strength and power performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2010, 7:27.
15. Hoffman JR, Ratamess NA, Kang J, Rashti SL, Faigenbaum AD: Effect of betaine supplementation on power performance and fatigue. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 2009, 6:7.
16. Cholewa JM1, Guimarães-Ferreira L, Zanchi NE. Amino Acids. Effects of betaine on performance and body composition: a review of recent findings and potential mechanisms. 2014 Aug;46(8):1785-93.
17. Cholewa JM, Guimarães-Ferreira L, Zanchi NE. Effects of betaine on performance and body composition: a review of recent findings and potential mechanisms. Amino Acids. 2014 Aug;46(8):1785-93.
18. National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. L-Carnitine L-Tartrate (Concept Id: C1337234) - Medgen - NCBI. [online] Available at: [Accessed 8 July 2020].
19. Kraemer, WJ, Volek, JS, Spiering, BA, and Vingren, JL. L-Carnitine supplementation: a new paradigm for its role in exercise. Chemical Monthly 136: 1383-1390, 2005.
20. Spiering BA, Kraemer WJ, Vingren JL, Hatfield DL, al e. Responses of criterion variables to different supplemental doses of l-carnitine l-tartrate. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2007;21(1):259-64.
21. Kraemer, WJ, Volek, JS, French, DN, Rubin, MR, Sharman, MJ, Gómez, AL, Ratamess, NA, Newton, RU, Jemiolo, B, Craig, BW, and Häkkinen, K. The effects of L-carnitine L-tartrate supplementation on hormonal responses to resistance exercise and recovery J. Strength Cond. Res. 17:455-462. 2003.
22. Parandak K, Arazi H, Khoshkhahesh F, Nakhostin-Roohi B. The effect of two-week L-carnitine supplementation on exercise -induced oxidative stress and muscle damage. Asian J Sports Med. 2014 Jun;5(2):123-8.
23. Kraemer WJ, Spiering BA, Volek JS, Ratamess NA, Sharman MJ, Rubin MR, French DN, Silvestre R, Hatfield DL, Van Heest JL, Vingren JL, Judelson DA, Deschenes MR, Maresh CM. Androgenic responses to resistance exercise: effects of feeding and L-carnitine. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006 Jul;38(7):1288-96.
24. Pistone G, Marino A, Leotta C, Dell’Arte S, Finocchiaro G, Malaguarnera M. L-Carnitine administration in elderly subjects with rapid muscle fatigue: effect on body composition, lipid profile and fatigue. Drugs Aging. 2003;20(10):761-7.
25. Levers K, Dalton R, Galvan E, et al. Effects of powdered Montmorency tart cherry supplementation on acute endurance exercise performance in aerobically trained individuals. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2016;13.
26. Desai T, Bottoms L, Roberts M. The effects of montmorency tart cherry juice supplementation and FATMAX exercise on fat oxidation rates and cardio-metabolic markers in healthy humans. Eur J Appl Physiol. 2018;118(12):2523-2539.
27. Keane KM, Haskell-Ramsay C, Veasey RC, Howatson G. Montmorency tart cherries (prunus cerasus L.) modulate vascular function acutely, in the absence of improvement in cognitive performance. Br J Nutr. 2016;116(11):1935-1944.
28. Howatson G, McHugh MP, Hill JA, Brouner J, Jewell AP, van Someren KA, Shave RE, Howatson SA. Influence of tart cherry juice on indices of recovery following marathon running. Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010 Dec;20(6):843-52.
29. Levers K, Dalton R, Galvan E, et al. Effects of powdered Montmorency tart cherry supplementation on an acute bout of intense lower body strength exercise in resistance trained males. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:41. Published 2015 Nov 16. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0102-y
30. Wankhede S, Langade D, Joshi K, Sinha SR, Bhattacharyya S. Examining the effect of withania somnifera supplementation on muscle strength and recovery: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2015;12.
31. Choudhary, D., Bhattacharyya, S., & Joshi, K. (2017). Body Weight Management in Adults Under Chronic Stress Through Treatment with Ashwagandha Root Extract: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine, 22(1), 96–106.
32. Jaysing S, Sucheta P, Khokan D, Deepak L. Adaptogenic and anxiolytic effects of ashwagandha root extract in healthy adults: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study. Cureus. 2019;11(12).
33. Lopresti AL, Drummond PD, Smith SJ. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Crossover Study Examining the Hormonal and Vitality Effects of Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) in Aging, Overweight Males. Am J Mens Health. 2019;13(2):1557988319835985. doi:10.1177/1557988319835985